March 7th, 2018:
- 1. Send Email Thurs March 8th to Support $100 for 100% to End Poverty for SSI Recipients
- 2. International Womens Day March 8th Rally Downtown LA:
- 3. Your Advocacy Is Working: More L.A. Area Congressmembers Support Closing the Meal Gap! Keep Calling!
- 4. Street Vendors Rally Friday March 9th at City Hall, LA 9am
February 23rd, 2018:
- Call in Day Feb 27th* to Washington DC: Protect SNAP!
- Send Emails to Get Sponsors for HR 1276: Closing the Meal Gap
- Volunteer Opportunities and Upcoming Events:
a. Netiya Food Garden Installation Needs Volunteers: Sunday Feb 25th
b. Blind Low Vision Farmers Market Day Sunday March 4th
c. HALA at UCLA March 8th: International Womens Day March 8th
d. Food Waste Prevention Week March 5 – 9 Hunger Action Day May 16th, Sacramento
- State and Local Anti-Hunger Agenda
a. $100 for 100% to End Poverty for SSI Recipients
b. Support Meals for Kids in Charter Schools
c. County and State Actions Attempt to Help Renters and Homeless
- More on the Harvest Box Boondoggle
- Why is the NBA Promoting Chocolate Milk?
* Link item 1. Changed from: Sep 27th, to Feb 27thRead more
February 20, 2018:
- 1. Disaster CalFresh for Families Affected by Recent Wildfires
- 2. Volunteer Opportunities and Upcoming Events:
*HALA Conf Call Feb 23
*Blind & Low Vision Farmers Farmers Market Day March 4
*HALA At UCLA March 8
*FarmLA Volunteer Day Feb. 24
*International Women's Day March 8
*Downtown Women’s Action Center Presents Vagina Monologues, Feb 23-25
- 3. Trump’s Food Box Idea Ain’t Blue Apron
- 4. Congress Trying to End Consumer & Environmental Protections
- 5. Is Mickey D’s Banishing Chocolate Milk from Happy Meals?
*Thanks to your advocacy and that of many others around the state, AB 3200 has been introduced to restore the SSI grant to poverty level!
February 12, 2018:
In order to save space and time in this short-attention world, we’ve limited today’s newsletter to 5 new items below. For some of last week’s smash hit links, go to the following:
All of them still very timely
Meanwhile here's today's hot news:
- Disaster CalFresh for Families Affected By Recent
- Trump Budget Proposal Literally Mirrors Famous Eisenhower Quote
- Looking Under the Hood at The Trump Food Stamp Plan
- Call to Protect Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) This Week.
- Cal EITC: Get Money Back If you Earned Less than $23,302 Last Year
January 22, 2018
- Send Emails to Get Sponsors for HR 1276---Closing the Meal Gap
- California Hunger Action Coalition Announces 2018 Priorities
- As Homelessness Increases, So Do Laws Against Being Homeless
- News from Washington DC: Weakening School Meal Standards and Taking Tips from Food Workers---Just Another Day in the Trump Administration
- Proposed State Measure to Strengthen Rent Control Once Again
December 18 2017
Special Tax Bill/Budget Bill Edition
- Make Calls to Oppose Tax Bill
- UN Special Advisor Visits U.S., Reports on Extreme Poverty
- Tax Bill Will Result in Cuts To Aid to Poor
- Hiding in the Budget Bill: Rolling Back Nutritious School Lunches
- Join The Fight Back Against Poverty in the U.S.